Sunday, January 16, 2011

Leaf-icle


Earlier this week, we got slammed by a nor'easter that dropped about 19 inches of snow and ice here in the Boston area. It was absolutely gorgeous! I spent some time outside photographing the aftermath and got some beautiful shots, however I chose this one for my photo of the week because I just love how despite the frailty of the leaf and the potential for it to crumble, it is perfectly preserved within the ice.

They say that another icy storm is coming this week...I hope this one will prove camera worthy as well!

Here are some of my other favorites from this storm.

2 comments:

  1. Love the leaf picture! I saw on a blog how to make an ice mobile by intentionally freezing leaves and other natural obects, now I am motivated to try it with Nathan. All your pictures are beautiful! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's really cool! If you two do it, you will have to let me know how it turns out and take a picture!

    ReplyDelete