Tuesday, February 16, 2010

My First Award Winning Photo!!! :)

Woohoo!!! I am so excited! I just learned that the photo I posted on January 17 (What's That?) won 3rd place in the monthly contest on Boston.com! I was shocked because there was some really fantastic photos in the January contest and I had not expected to place at all! However, I am not complaining and am quite pleased about the results of the contest.

http://www.boston.com/community/photos/raw/2010/02/the_january_whats_that_top_10.html

Some of the things that I enjoyed about this particular photo is the air of mystery surrounding it. (Are the aliens watching?) I also like the colors and softness of the photo. The judge, Phillip Greenspun stated, "It looks like a Greek chorus, perhaps from an Aristophanes play. After a lot of staring, there is a figure/ground ambiguity."

Thanks to Philip for his kind words and judging, and thanks to Theresa Hanafin from Boston.com for coordinating these contests! I can't wait for next month!!!

P.S. Have you figured out what it is yet??? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment