Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Weekend Challenge: Motivational Posters

Weekend Challenge: Motivational Posters.
One of my favorite quotes is by St. Augustine who said, "Faith is to believe what you do not see; the reward of this faith is to see what you believe." When I first learned that the theme for this weekend's challenge was "Motivational Posters" this is the quote that first came to my mind, but I was at a loss of how to photograph it. I was originally thinking that I could capture a glorious sunset with sunbeams coming through the clouds, but as you can see, the weather has not been too cooperative. I spent the snowy afternoon at the movies with my friend Alexis, and as we were walking back to the T, we came across this snow covered statue in the Boston Common. As we were walking towards it from behind, I thought that it captured 'faith' nicely as it depicted a man on his knees. Then, as I walked around it, I realized the the subject's eyes were covered by snow, he could not see the faith he believed in. I had my photo, and when the snow melts, he will be able to "see" what he believes in. I also had to laugh because the sculpture itself is entitled "religion," but I had not realized that when I first found this statue and thought I might be able to use it for this challenge. Some things are meant to be, I guess!

No comments:

Post a Comment