Thursday, January 7, 2010

The 2010 Photo Experiment!

Along with new years, come new resolutions...and along with new resolutions come broken resolutions. Last year, at the beginning of 2009, I decided that I wanted to make a resolution that I would actually have a chance at keeping. In order to do this for an entire year...it needed to be FUN! So I decided...I was going to take a photo a day for the entire year. And I did it too!!! I basically just carried my camera with me every single day, and when the opportunity arose...I snapped a pic! This ended up being a project of discipline for me and I am proud to say that the 2009 Photo Experiment was a success!

Many of my friends have asked me if I was going to do a 2010 Photo Experiment. The answer is yes, however I am going to change things up this year. Instead of taking a photo a day and posting it online, I will be taking part in weekly photo challenges based on assignments from DPS Photography School (http://digital-photography-school.com/), Boston.com RAW (http://www.boston.com/community/photos/raw/?p1=Well_Community_RAW) and other random photos that I just want to showcase. Will I be able to keep this year's resolution too?!?!?

Some of you might be thinking..."well ya know...a weekly photo isn't going to stretch you nearly as much as when you were doing a daily photo." In some ways this might be true, but in other ways I think that this new format is going to be MORE of a challenge than last year. For example, last year I could shoot whatever I wanted, when I wanted. I will not have that luxury during the 2010 Photo Experiment. In fact, I will have no control at all when it comes to the theme of the photo. Random people in the web world will tell me what to shoot and there will be deadlines as to when I can shoot. I am hoping that this will help me to grow as a photographer.

So now my question is...who is coming along for the ride???

No comments:

Post a Comment