Thursday, January 7, 2010

Week 1: New Beginnings


I cannot think of a better first assignment for 2010 than the theme of 'New Beginnings' (assigned by DPS). New Year. New Resolution. New Beginnings. It fits. I had 2 photographic candidates for this challenge. One was the very first photo that I took this year, only a few seconds after midnight, as my friends and I clinked our champagne glasses and rang in the New Year. However, technically it was not a very good photo...it came out blurry...but I still love it. My other candidate for this assignment (which is the one I chose to use) is taken of my friends at breakfast on New Year's Day. This photo is quite special to me because some of my best friends (who traveled all the way from North Carolina and London, England) are in it. Years down the road, I might not remember all of the details about what we did to ring in 2010, but I will remember who was there. Therefore, I dedicate this photo to all of my 'firneds.' You know who you are!

1 comment: